Terms and Conditions
- All prices are exclusive of VAT. Prices exclude M.C.D unless otherwise stated and are fixed for 3 months.
- Payment terms are 28 days net from the date of invoice unless otherwise stated.
- When working with a new client, it will be at the discretion of Lph Flooring Ltd as to whether a deposit is required before commencement of work on site. Subsequent contracts may also be subject to the payment of a deposit.
- All goods remain the property of Lph flooring Ltd until paid for in full.
- If you fail to pay us on the agreed date we may;
A) charge you interest at the rate set under S.6 of the late payment of commercial debts (interest) act 1999.
i) calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our invoice until payment
ii) compounded on the first day of each month
iii) Before and after judgement (unless a court order orders otherwise)
B) Claim fixed sum compensation from you under S.5A of that Act to cover our credit control overhead cost.
C) Recover (under clause 5.8) the cost of taking legal action to make you pay.
- We recommend that the sub floor consisting of sand / cement screed should always be prepared with a minimum 3mm latex.
- Please note: latex screed provides a smoothing compound that follows the contours of the sub floor; it is not a levelling compound.
- Costs given are for continuous working during normal working hours (Mon-Fri, 8am – 5pm).
- Costs subject to verification of site re-measure where applicable.
- Trimming of doors are excluded unless otherwise arranged.
- Day works to be charged at £25.00 per hour as required.
- Additional materials/plant to be charged at trade + 20%
- During the winter months, it is essential that the heating system is operational before any installation. Failure to ensure this may cause irreparable damage to the floor covering of which Lph Flooring Ltd cannot accept responsibility.
- Our quotation includes for work as detailed only. Any changes, additions or extras to the description hereto will be charged accordingly.
- Our quotation is based on cleared areas only unless stated. Although we will be pleased to help with or around heavy objects, this must be a prior arrangement; otherwise a further labour charge may be made. Lph Flooring Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage to property not moved or whilst being moved.
- The client is responsible for re routing of all cables, wires etc that may run across the sub floor before installation of new floor covering. If it prevents an installation proceeding on a booked installation date, this will incur a cancellation charge or waiting time charge. Lph Flooring Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage to wires and/or cables during installation.
- Linoleum floors. All linoleum installations may incur a phenomenon known as stove yellowing. This may cause the flooring to appear slightly more yellow or darker when first installed. Exposure to light after installation will cause the flooring to achieve the correct colour. This process may take up to 3 months and is entirely normal. However it is more noticeable with the lighter colour ranges.
- Please note: if we are working through a main contractor through a third party, this term overrides all considerations and maintains the goods as the property of Lph Flooring Ltd. Contracts are to incorporate this condition within its terms and conditions with their client.
- Lph Flooring reserves the right to levy a surcharge of £120.00 per man per day if the client changes an installation date within 7 days of the agreed date.
- Order is subject to written confirmation and/or order number.
- Receipt of order or signature on the contract will be an agreement of terms and conditions of Lph Flooring Ltd.
- Contract is also our word for estimate/quotation.
- On site work the main contractor will be responsible for providing lights, electricity, water and clear access.
- On site the main contractor if required will make provisions for safe and secured storage of the flooring products. Once on site and after the Invoice has been issued by LphFlooring Ltd all materials will be the responsibility of the named client on the invoice.
- On Completion of floor installation the client or site representative will sign off the work.
- Once sign off has occurred you are agreeing to satisfaction of all work completed.
- If there are any disputes with the work carried out the work must not be signed off and Lph Flooring head office must be notified immediately.
- Sign off is at the clients discretion. Any damages or marks that have been found in/on floor that have been caused by the fitter will only be rectified if pointed out to the fitter before the client has signed off the work, any damages noticed after this time (after the fitter has left the area in question) will be assumed to be the fault of the client and will not be rectified.
- If the client / site representative is not on site to sign off the work on completion LPH Flooring cannot except any damage or marks to the flooring and will be deemed to be the fault of the client and will not be rectified.
- Lph Flooring Ltd reserves the right to change these terms from time to time.